Monday, August 16, 2010

Ruekert/Mielke Announces Organizational Changes

William Mielke, P.E., R.L.S., president and CEO of Ruekert/Mielke, Inc. has been named chairman of the board, replacing John Mielke, P.E., who has retired after spending 64 years as a director of the company he founded. William Mielke joined Ruekert/Mielke in 1971 and has expanded the firm and its services to include Geographic Information Systems (GIS), supervisory control and data acquisition design, landscape architecture services, and asset management services, in addition to opening offices in Kenosha and Madison. The firm has also established two divisions: Aquifer Science and Technology (AST), specializing in groundwater studies and investigations nationwide, and Municipal Economics & Planning (MEP), providing financial and planning services to municipalities.

Michael Campbell. P.E., senior vice president and chief operating officer, has been named to the Board of Directors. Campbell joined Ruekert/Mielke in 1984, becoming chief operating officer in 1999. Campbell has performed as project manager on a variety of municipal and private development projects including TIF Districts, industrial parks, downtown development, major sanitary sewerage, lake sewer, and storm water management. In addition, he is the firm’s expert on stream modeling, floodplain analysis, and small diameter pressurized sewer systems. He serves as the village engineer for the villages of Thiensville and Elm Grove.

John Mielke and Frank Ruekert started moonlighting in their homes at night designing subdivisions for the housing market driven by returning WWII veterans. John came home from a commission in the Army Corps of Engineers to join Frank, then an engineer with the City of Waukesha, Wisconsin. Ruekert/Mielke was formed on May 6, 1946, with the company located in a two-room, upstairs office at 203 North Grand Avenue in Waukesha.

In 1951 a building was constructed at 420 Frederick Street to serve as professional office space. There was one conference room, one office for both principals, and one wall telephone used by all employees. By 1955, the partnership became a corporation, and the firm concentrated on community sewer and water systems. Ruekert/Mielke assisted many communities in their development, such as the incorporations of the Village of Menomonee Falls and Oconomowoc Lake and the Cities of Brookfield, New Berlin, Muskego, and Pewaukee. The firm also designed sewer and water systems for all these communities as well as the majority of municipal wells and water towers throughout Waukesha County.

Today, Ruekert/Mielke of Waukesha, WI is a multidisciplinary consulting firm offering engineering and municipal services. The firm assists clients with water and wastewater management, stormwater management, municipal and financial planning, landscape architecture, construction review services, GIS, and SCADA control system projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment